Awards, Recognitions, Press & Exhibits
Throughout my years as a Photographer, I have had great opportunities to share my work professionally through solo and group exhibits with amazing people & organizations. My photography is part of collections across the globe and has won superior prizes throughout the United States and still I remain humble & grateful with each project's passing.
November 18 - November 20, 2015 Broward College - 2015 "Artfest"
An exhibition of student artwork, including paintings, photography, drawings, 2D design and ceramics. Two Photographs, "Abstract of Light & Self Portrait" are exhibited and "Class Memories" a charcaol still life.
1000 Coconut Creek Blvd.
Coconut Creek, Florida 33066
Bldg. 46, Rm. 152
Nov. 18, 6 – 8 p.m | Nov. 19 & Friday, Nov. 20, 12 – 6 p.m.
August 4 - September 11, 2014 Xavier Cortada Participartory Art Project - 2013 "FLOR500"
FLOR500 is an online Participatory Art Project and Exhibit celebrating Florida's 500th birthday, recognized by the state. A group exhibit of all media types from Florida artists across the state. The Project is viewable online at www.Flor500.com. One Photograph, "Horrible Thistle" is exhibited for FLOR468 (Region 8).
FIU Graham Center Art Gallery
11200 SW 8th St, GC 1215
Miami, Florida 33199
Mon - Fri: 6am - 11pm | Sat - Sun: 7am - 10pm
Flor500 has closed.
October 1 - October 6, 2011 - "Be Inspired!"
Be Inspired! is an exhibit of juried selections. A spin off from "The Art of Caring: A Look at Life through Photography." exhibition featuring works from greats such as Annie Leibovitz. Two black and white photographs will be on dispaly, "Mug Shot Love" & "Remembering ValuJet."
The Musuem of Art | Fort Lauderdale
One East Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 11 am 6 pm Thursdays 11am until 8 pm.
Sundays 12 -5 pm. CLOSED MONDAYS.
Be Inspired! has closed.
August 1 - Septemeber 30, 2011 - "Breakdown"
"Breakdown is a briilliant collection of both color and black & white images shot in our beautiful National Parks throughout the country. This exhibition of 18 vivid photographs will be on display at the Tamarac Community Center in Tamarac Florida for the entire month of August & September.
8601 W. Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, Florida 33351
Monday- Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
Breakdown has closed.
2011 Ted Talked Winner, JR "InsideOut " Global Art Project.
Self Portrait, poster sized.
Downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
InsideOut has closed.
June 1 - 29, 2010 - "From Here to Home"
A collection of 18 black and white photgraphs taken from the east coast to the west coast and back. This exhibition features journalistic shots from Las Vegas, Miami, Tampa, Monterey, Key West, Ryholite, and more. "From Here to Home" will run 2 months at the Broward County North Regional Library (Broward College North Campus) in Coconut Creek, Florida.
1100 Coconut Creek Boulevard, Coconut Creek, FL 33066
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From Here to Home has closed.
September 9 - 25, 2010 - "National Cell Phone Photography Exhibition"
A collection of 300 images from 250 photographers from around the world. The collection features 3 of my original photographs taken with my iPhone.
Southeastern Louisiana Universitys Contemporary Art Gallery
100 East Stadium Hammond, Louisiana 70402 (Next to Clark Hall.)
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. 4:30 p.m. with extended hours until 8 p.m. on Wednesday and
Saturday. 10 a.m. 2 p.m.
National Cell Phone Photography Exhibition has closed.
* Flor500.com. "Horrible Thistle #468"(Participatory) August 2013
* FStopMagazine.com. "Issue 56, Landscape" (Juried) December 2012
* HGTV.ca. "Quirky Coasters" November 2012
* Flickr.com "Yahoo! Editorial, Editor's Picks" August 2012
* LHJ.com. Ladies Home Journal Website "You Deserve This" June 2012
* OceanConservancy.org. "Smartphone Wallpaper" (Juried) March 2012
* National Geographic Stock Image Collection. (Invited) June 2012
* NowPublic.com. "New York Security" Article. (Invited) August 2008
* Schmap.com. "Tampa Schmap Guide" for iPhone. (Invited) July 2008
* Schmap.com. "Tampa Schmap Guide" for Web. (Invited) December 2007
* 1st & 2nd place Ribbons. Florida State Fair. February 2013
* 1st, 3rd, & Honorable Mention Ribbons. Florida State Fair. February 2012
* Morikami Japenese Gardens Obon Festival Photography Winner. August 2011
* 2nd Place Ribbon Black & White Landscape. Florida State Fair. February 2011
* Two 1st Place & Best of Show Ribbons. Broward County Fair. December 2010
* Clarabelleblog.com "A very Etsy Holiday" December 2013
* TheFrisky.com "...Instagram Products We Love" November 2013
* Justanotherhangup.blogspot.com "Friday's Fab Finds" May 2013
* Typicallyprettyenglish.blogspot.com "Wish List- Home" January 2013
* Vieiragirl.blogspot.com. "Rest Your Glass on These" January 2013
* Ablackbirdsepiphany.co.uk. "Winter Favourite Feature" December 2012
* RenewedUponADream.com "Recent Favorites" August 2013
* ThefPOECollective.wordpress.com. "3Threes" July 2012
* AFlowerOfTheSky.Blogspot.com. "Studio Make Over" June 2012
Publications & Awards
Shambhala Sun Foundation, 7th Annual Auction - 25 NOV - 10 DEC 2014
Honorably dontated "Winner's Choice" 16 x16 " Tote bag for Auction. (invited)
Shambhala Sun Foundation, 7th Annual Auction - 25 NOV - 10 DEC 2013
Honorably dontated "Buddhist Prayer Flag" Pillowcase for Auction. (invited)